In yet another attempt to create normalcy in anything but a normal year, I signed the girls up to attend Boo Fest at the MOSI. They could pull out their costumes (Liesel just settled for some Halloween make-up) and head downtown in the first time in what feels like forever.
In a vacuum, it wasn't that big of a deal but with a pandemic lens, it was a huge deal to attend an actual event celebrating an actual holiday.
Now that masks are de rigueur, this one that can be programmed to have different patterns is pretty darn cool.
Many of the exhibits had been changed up to have a Halloween theme. They added aliens to the Space Center which I thought was pretty clever. They also added pirates to the Ships Gallery and we spent waaay more time there finding them all (there was a scavenger hunt) than we would have otherwise.
There were little treats for the girls which were slid down these long tubes to maintain physical distancing.
Even the cow by Farm Tech where I've taken dozens of photos of the girls in visits past was roped off and had a mask on.
Here's a closer look at the makeup look Liesel did. I'm particularly impressed with the spider's web necklace. It says, 'I'm too cool to wear a kiddie costume but I'm so cool I can create illusions with makeup.'
There were some really great spots for photos and before we left I had to get one of the girls by this pile of pumpkins.
Yes, technically it's a princess year but any chance Ireland has to dig out that Luna Lovegood costume, she will take!
With reduced capacity, we weren't bumping into other people everywhere we went which was nice.
Sydney was so happy, and I was happy she still had Halloween as part of her childhood in 2020.
No comments:
Post a Comment