While Brent cooked a fabulous Christmas Eve dinner (we have our big meal the night before and then nosh on leftovers on Christmas Day), I took some photos of the girls. Caveat emptor: LOTS of photos to come! This time lets start with the group photos:
Now some twosome photos: I told Gita to boop Liesel and her expression cracks me up.
The younger two were done with the photos at this point but Liesel and Ireland were game to try just a few more poses- even if they were a little ridiculous.
Those presents had been wrapped and under the tree for so long, Ireland couldn't wait to rip into them. You can see in her face that eager anticipation- she was just knocking on the door of all that gifting!
Finally, Liesel (who never seems to tire of taking photos):
Yup, Liesel is willing to take and retake photos until we get it right.
Even as the sun goes down... ha! But you have to admit this one did turn out a bit cuter.
She even asked to borrow my phone to try a few selfies. I love this one from inside the Christmas tree.
And this simple one with her looking young and fresh with the tree in the background.
In recent years, our favorite Christmas Eve dinner is a rotisserie chicken from Costco and then mashed potatoes and fixin's. The chicken is already cooked and ready to go so the prep is minimal and it's so good! As a nod to our British ancestors, we always do Christmas crackers and this year there included wind up penguins.
Someday I need to learn how to upload videos I've done in slow motion so they stay that way. Regular speed always ends up glitchy and you can't see the hilarious faces the girls make when they try to open their crackers!
At first we raced them, then we kind of did a derby with them to see who could knock the others out. Some of them just fell over without much provocation but we had a lot of fun with those little suckers! Personally I always love the paper crowns. They're such a fun touch!
I don't know when or how it started, but the girls always have a "sisters sleepover" on Christmas Eve. On the one hand, I think it's sweet that they want to be together but on the other, I'm pretty sure it's to keep any one person from sneaking down before the others. In any case, the girls finally padded off to their sleepover and Brent and I had the evening to ourselves- one of my favorite parts of Christmas Eve!
No comments:
Post a Comment