Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Tidbits

I took this picture of Liesel having a bad day not to embarrass her or belittle her, but because I think sometimes things are hard, really hard when you are a kid. Even little hearts can break and while we adults can get jaded about what's a big problem and what isn't, I think those small voices can sometimes get lost. Liesel was telling me about some things she was struggling with and I wanted to capture that moment when life wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. Because this is the real Liesel just as much as the pictures of her smiling and happy are her as well.

I am a LION! I'm pretty sure Brent and the girls are all wolves- ha!

 The kids in Ireland's gifted class met up for ice cream and she got to spend a little time with her boyfriend. She's just cut her hair and everyone loved it. Since it was so close to Halloween, he was dressed as Waldo. 

I love that video so much! How excited Sydney is to tell us how she found her whiteboard and how Liesel is encouraging yet oh so cool about receiving that information. "Good job! I think I understand now."


I honestly can't remember why I took this photo- I think I was pretty proud of that top knot. In any case, Gita was more than willing to strike a pose for me! Love her. 

Liesel made an animal cell as a cake with leftover Halloween candy. The centriole made of Twizzlers is my favorite. This is where remote learning is kinda cool sometimes.

I caught Gita trying to measure her bicep and it made me laugh.

Can we look behind her for a second at the view out our bedroom window? The fall leaves positively glowed this year. Stunning!

Ireland was pretty darn proud of this rose and butterfly she drew and I think she absolutely should be!

Another pretty painting from Brigitta. A rainbow-clad girl standing on a rainbow. How fun would that be?

Ireland created a candygram for her boyfriend's birthday. We had a lot of fun putting it together and I especially love that she didn't want it to be too intimate. They are a cute little couple and have more of a meeting of the minds than serious romance going on. They appreciate the nerd in each other (which is why she was sure to include Nerds).

Another fun remote learning moment- for gym Liesel had a scavenger hunt and had to track down a hat, glasses, a jacket and gloves and make it back before the buzzer. She looks so bad@$$!

Ireland's had to do a news report and I absolutely love what she came up with! So many different personalities- the weather guy is my favorite.

This is how my Dad works on his laptop. We call it his "belly computer" and I was stunned to find Liesel doing the exact same thing when she was tired of sitting at her desk one afternoon.

I made a goal to do 500 sit-ups every week in December. I mostly made it, and with the cutest encouragement possible!

Who hit who?

No comments: