I think this was my favorite Christmas. Usually our schedule is so jam packed it's hard to slow down and just enjoy the season. In 2020, slow down was practically the medically mandated mantra! For once, we actually did slow down and actually got to enjoy the days leading up to Christmas.
I've always wanted to find some simple frames for our past Christmas cards and then hang them on the stairs. I finally lucked out with these simple brass frames that came in a variety of sizes and they were just perfect. Digging out those old cards was so fun and once I had them all hung, I just sat and stared at them. Every time I walked by I smiled! Christmas cards are my favorite part of the holiday season. I stopped by 3 different World Markets and bought them out so we can keep up this tradition for years to come.
I went a little berserk and somehow became obsessed with Christmas gnomes. There were these adorable pillows at Pottery Barn and the actual gnome itself at Pottery Barn that I just had to have. But they matched our duvet cover and what else was I supposed to do? I have to admit making the bed was a little cumbersome and while it's fun for the holidays, I do think there should be a limit to how many pillows go on a bed.
I wasn't the only one who got into the holiday spirit. Liesel decked out her room in the most amazing way! I had to take a video of her explaining all the little details:
Hers were the only ones with a wolf right on her bum.
These cute Grinch kabobs were on the lunch menu but the marshmallows on hand were huge and the bananas cut a bit thick and honestly I don't even know what happened to the strawberries. No matter since the girls made a game of balancing that grape on top.
So close!
It's a tricky balancing act.
Brigitta finally mastered it.
Sydney's Girl Scout troop did bell ringing for the Salvation Army. Gita and I slipped around the corner and grabbed some hot drinks from Starbucks, stopping for a photo by the tree all lit up in downtown Crystal Lake.
I felt closer to the family and it felt less hectic. Most of the holiday pressure falls on me and it was nice to have a lot of the burden taken off my shoulders for once.

No comments:
Post a Comment