Turns out Science Olympiad is basically coming in to the school on a Saturday and taking timed tests. I only discovered this after I volunteered to be a proctor since everything is online due to the pandemic. Along with the Subway sandwiches and chips, I ate a little crow when I realized that yeah- this would not be "fun" for any normal kid.
As we drove away, I humbly apologized for pushing them so hard on it. Liesel was eager to point out she had tried to tell me but I insisted it would be a good experience.
I mean, I'm still going to push the girls to go out of their comfort zones now and again. That's the best way to grow- redefine your own limits. But I might do a tad more research before being so vociferous about exactly which extracurriculars to jump into.
Miraculously, Ireland really enjoyed it and if it's not virtual may just tackle it again next year. As for Liesel?
I think it's a "bye Felicia" when it comes to Science Olympiad!
The girls were troopers and they actually made the state semi-finals which their school had not done in a while. The other Science Olympiads were really nice kids and the teachers in charge of the whole thing were fantastic as well.
It was a looong day but I kept myself busy folding paper cranes for this sweet project.
I think it's a "bye Felicia" when it comes to Science Olympiad!
No comments:
Post a Comment