Ireland saved all her Chocolate Challenge money for TWO YEARS so she could go to Harry Potter World with Whitney and Tim. I was so dang proud and I wanted her to have a truly memorable time so I splurged on the Pottery Barn suitcase that looks like a Ravenclaw trunk.
The robe I made for Halloween was a few years old and getting really short so I pulled out the pattern (again!) and made a new one that was nice and long. Initially I planned to make the interior the classic Ravenclaw blue (see suitcase above) but when I saw this fabric at JoAnn's I knew it would make this robe really special and unique. It was horrible stuff to work with! I cut it out during the Superbowl and there were bits of fluff flying into the air which made me cough and sneeze. I even put pockets into this one! My only regret is running out of time so I couldn't put in a little pocked just on the inside lapel where she could stow her wand. The robe was a lot to pack so Ireland unabashedly wore it on the plane, not caring one bit what others thought of her. Here she is all decked out as Luna Lovegood.
After their first night at the Cabana Bay Beach Resort (fun hotel with a retro vibe), they headed to the parks. Ireland wasn't the only one dressed to impress- Whitney was meticulous their outfits as well. Whitney went as a student from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic while Tim was dressed as a student from Durmstrang Institute. Whitney even hand-painted her shoes to ensure they were accurate to the film. They were all constantly told by cast members "Your outfits are amazing!" Many people asked where Ireland bought her robe and she was happy to tell them her mother sewed it for her!
Like any Hogwarts witch or wizard, Ireland was sorted. She unsurprisingly was delegated to Ravenclaw.
Entering Diagon Alley
Here they are in Diagon Alley. The dragon behind them on top of Gringotts bank actually breathes fire!
This photos is in Hogsmeade (just outside Hogwarts castle) near a stage. There are performances such as a frog choir and Triwizard Tournament.
Here you can see how spot on their outfits were to what cast members wear. One performer called out "You look great!"
For this performance, they did incredibly incredible gymnastics by the Durmstrang students and then songs and dances by the Beauxbaton students.
Here's the wand that chose Ireland:
Outside Diagon Alley is the muggle entrance to the Ministry of Magic. If you dial 62442 MAGIC you get to hear a welcome message.
This photo was taken outside the Poseidon ride in Orlando Studios. They never actually went on the ride but they thought the waterfall coming out of his mouth was funny.

A lovely optical illusion at Platform 9 3/4 getting on the Hogwarts Express.
This little trio shared drinks at the Three Broomsticks, sampling every possible iteration of butterbeer.
Ireland's personal favorite was the wintery frozen butterbeer which had a nice, brisk taste.
Whitney and Tim are so cute! This is on the side of Honeydukes.
They all had a wonderful time! They bought postcards and mailed them from Hogsmeade. Ireland did great with spells throughout the park. They had peppermint toads, fizzing whisbies and U No Poo (a candy from the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes). We insisted on covering Ireland's costs but I suspect they spoiled her just the same. More than anything I'm crazy proud of Ireland for saving up to do this and incredibly humbled and grateful for her amazing aunt and uncle who were willing to do it!





.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment