Sydney and I spent a long morning packing our bags- organizing everything so laundry could be done the second we were home and fitting in the spoils of our shopping. It turned out to be a bit of a job but we did it and checked out of the resort. My Grandpa Nielsen used to call my Grandma Nielsen Chick and there was a place called Chick's Café I thought we could try. They had the most wonderful scone slathered in honey and butter.
Also the largest patty of sausage which was shaped like a mushroom. Seriously, that could have fed a family of five.
We had done just about everything on our list but the Natural History Museum in SLC. We only had about an hour and 45 minutes so I felt a bit bad about paying full admission. I felt a little worse when we discovered what an incredible museum it is! They had a special exhibit on color that was fascinating.
After filling up the rental car with gas, we made it to SLC airport in one piece! This pretty stained glass is between the rental area and ticketing.
We had an amazing trip and we were both ready to be home again. Sydney couldn't wait to tell her sisters all about her adventures (even though she texted and called them often throughout the trip).
This time the view out the window went from this:
To this:
I hung back a little knowing the pilots would let Sydney see the cockpit as long as there wasn't a press of passengers behind us.
One more picture in the Hall of Flags!
Sydney danced in front of these lights- her shadow different colors depending on the mix of colors.
This was a window in the hallway showing the rows and rows of artifacts in storage a the museum. They rotate what is closest to the window which is really cool. we found ourselves trying to see back as far as we could into those shelves- that must be where they keep the good stuff, right?
This was a cute little section where Sydney could try her hand at excavating.
This globe rotated and the view changed depending on what you chose on the control panel. This one shows the location of volcanoes around the world.Of course the dinosaur collection was amazing but it was at this point we were really running out of time.
One last photo!
As the 8-year trips draw to a close I am so grateful we could make them happen. In the beginning it was always a stretch financially. I stuck to my guns though because I knew they were important. I got to know each of the girls in a way I never would have been able to otherwise. We can't make time stand still, but having the concentrated time with each kid made a huge difference.
I'm excited to hand the baton over to Brent as he begins the 14-year trips to upstate New York this fall. So much time has passed since Liesel's 8-year trip, I think she's ready for another 1:1 adventure. Once those trips wind up, we begin taking them on their HS graduation trips abroad. My goal is for the girls to be confident and well-traveled and to make memories along the way. Here's hoping!

No comments:
Post a Comment