Sunday, June 04, 2023

Dance Recital

 We've always been a family with daughters in dance but I really think this recital cemented us as a DANCE FAMILY! The structure of the new studio is the first 2 are full price, the 3rd is 1/2 price and then Sydney's classes are free. Because of that, we were able to add on Lyrical for Brigitta and Sydney. This studio also does combo classes so where we were paying separate for Ballet, Jazz, Tap became 1 class. This meant Gita's Tap class was included but Ireland was going to have to bone up after not being in tap shoes for ages. Then there was the Dad's Dance. Our previous studio had floated the idea but no one really signed up and nothing came of it. At this studio, they have fantastic participation and the girls insisted Brent be a part of it. 

When the recital rolled around, we were swimming in costumes and tights in a much more intense way than we ever have before. It was stressful and fun and a lot of work and so very worth it! This studio has a professional record everything so it was nice to just sit back and enjoy it. Our good Bishop and his wife attended and he took some photos as well. I was blown away when I saw them- they capture so many details about the girls I never would have noticed otherwise! 

Enjoy the video and photo dump!

Lyrical















Hip Hop




Ballet


















Jazz















Tap


Dad's Dance

Odd as it was to hear my husband turn me down for a date night because he had dance class, it was really sweet to see how much the girls supported him and cheered him on for his Dad's Dance. Usually he is the one just sitting in the audience paying the bills and I think it was really fun for him to be so involved. The girls were given strict instructions not to reveal anything about this number- Brent wanted it to be a surprise for me, but they all assured me I would love. And I did!












I'm super proud of ALL my dancers!
Again, it was a tough transition from our old studio but we've definitely found a new dance home where everyone is thriving. As a mother, I cannot tell you what a relief that is! 

No comments: