Saturday, November 08, 2025

Family Photo Shoot

 With Liesel graduating and heading off to college next year, I really wanted to do something fun for our Christmas cards. I settled on an homage to all things Chicago gangster from the musical to the black and white movie Kevin watches on Home Alone to Al Capone's history to Taylor Swift's new song Father Figure. Finding the right photographer took a bit- many loved the concept but couldn't schedule us. Finally I found someone who could make it work. I sent the inspiration photos and explained I didn't want big, grinning smiles. I wanted smirks and more of a femme fatal vibe.







I spent weeks sourcing the dresses and accessories (including shoes!). I watched YouTube tutorials on how to do soft finger waves and bought a two different curling irons until I could make it work. I fought with Liesel's short hair and put so much hairspray in it she choked. Finally it was time and oh my gosh, I'm beyond thrilled with the results!!!

Brent thinks he looks Amish and once he said it, that's all I can see. We could only find a small Tommy gun- the life sized ones are actually pretty pricy! And finding a simple, pinstriped vest was actually pretty hard. Liesel mentioned Dad is too nice of a guy to look very threatening, but he tried!


This one was the money shot for me. I thought I wanted serious but the photographer told everyone to just smirk and it turned out perfectly! Gita loved working that cigarette holder and everyone gave it all their Bob Fosse vibes.




Individuals


Liesel's peaches and cream complexion went beautifully with her champagne colored dress.

Ireland had a choice between a black dress and this green one. The peacock headpiece was fabulous!

It's as if Gita was born for this era- little rebel that she is!

Sydney has enough pent up sibling frustration she had that smolder locked and loaded. The red lip looks just incredible!

She threw on some music for my individual and then Sydney wanted to jump in and dance with me. When it came time to pick the photos, I couldn't afford this one- much as I loved it. The photographer threw it in for free and I'm so very grateful! 
I don't put myself in the picture enough- I'm so glad to have this one!

No comments: