Thursday, November 20, 2025

Madrigal Dinner

 With much fanfare, we attended Liesel's last Madrigal Dinner.

Families of seniors were given priority seating, so we had a great view.

Ireland makes the most adorable wench!

Liesel was Miss Babygotback and she entered with Sir Mixalot. This was their introduction:
Percy: Oh. My. God. Becky- turn thy gaze toward her hind quarters.
Liesel: Indeed, she doth have a large rumpus and I cannot lie. Ye other brethren can't deny.
Both: Fair maiden hath back.

One of my favorite Christmas songs is I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas so Liesel told me to look out for that one. 

The number that blew me away was this rendition of Say Something. Brent and I volunteered the next night and I was able to record it when we were done with the warm cider down in the kitchen. 

Brent's favorite was When I Think About Angels and I have to admit that's a pretty good one too.

It was nice to hear it again and see this view at the end when they sing Silent Night. Brings all the feels!

It's enough to bring the tenderhearted to tears!

A sensitive soul that one!

Madrigal Dinner has become our kick off to the holiday season- and I truly love it!


Mad props to Mrs. Scherrer who puts her heart and soul into the choir program and loves our girls as much as we do! 

It takes a village and I'm so very grateful to have her as part of our village.

No comments: