Generally I don't like to get into controversial topics on my blog. I always say I like to keep my private life private. Unlike so many of the Hollywood crowd, I don't have delusions of grandeur and think everyone's just dying to hear my political leanings. If someone wants to know my opinion, they'll ask me for it in a private forum where we can discuss our views respectfully. However, recent events have led me with a strong desire to put my two cents out there and well, this is as good a place as any. I don't like daylight savings.
The first reason I don't like it is because not everyone abides by it. What's up Arizona? And that little section of Indiana? The fact they're not required to participate makes me feel like I'm 11 all over again and one of my siblings got out of cleaning the kitchen. Taking my case to my parents all I heard was to stop complaining because, "Parents don't care about justice, they only care about peace." Suddenly I was the bad person! Whateva. This should be an all or nothing thing, no one is above the law.
Secondly, I'm not a fan of daylight savings because everyone whines about it. Yes, it's dark at night... that's not totally out of the norm and it's worse in Antarctica for crying out loud!!! Besides, if you don't like it just move to Arizona or that little section of Indiana. Both those places have a lot of uhhh, hmmm... well the clock doesn't change so there you go.
Finally, figuring out the whole fall back/spring forward/lose an hour/gain an hour just makes no sense. Am I sleeping in or waking up early? That's all I want to know. "Falling back" makes me want an extended daylight savings which pushes the clock forward (or is it backward?) an hour every week. That extra hour comes in handy for the parents of a little baby. So don't tease me by doing it once a year and then brutally taking it back. Rude.
Okay, sorry if this was a sensitive topic for some of you but I just had to raise my voice!!!
6 comments:
I am totally offended. Shouldn't we all have the same rights as Arizona and that little part of Indiana??
EQUAL DAYLIGHT SAVINGS FOR ALL!
Finally, someone agrees with my number one pet peeve! If Arizona can decide not to participate, can't it be left to each household to decide for itself? That would make church interesting..."But Bishop, I am active, I get to my meetings right on time and they are already done!" :)
As if daylight savings wasn't bad enough, then the government had to go and bump it a few weeks later, so people with automatic reseting clocks were out of wack for two weeks! Leave our clocks alone!!
Don't forget Hawaii. They should take the heat too since daylight savings is non-existent on their little chain of islands in the Pacific
I hate Daylight savings! I say right on SIS-TA!!! I think Russia Boy has a great idea... I sustain it. If I was in any type of calling that had any weight.. I might suggest we try that. But alas I think the Nursery kids might just look at me and run off if I asked their opinion.
I say we all chuck our clocks out the windows roll over them in our cars and say... look world we are doing it our way.... No more TIME!!!
Dang I can never remember my username or password... This is Annette!
Well I am one of the lucky ones who live in Arziona and don't have to participate in daylight savings time. However, all of you don't have to live somewhere that is as hot as hell for 10 months out of the year. So quite complaining and be glad you get four seasons, instead of just one, HOT.
Post a Comment