Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing...

Ever get a tune stuck in your head? This was in mine last night and if your over the age of 25 and you read the title of this post it's likely stuck in yours too now. Brent kept looking at me funny when I'd try and make up the words although I think "I'd like to buy the world a coke and make it caffeine free" was pretty darn clever. Anyway, it was seriously driving me to Alzheimer's trying to remember how it went so I hunkered down on the laptop to research it out and satisfy my inquiring mind.



Wasn't this such a great commercial? Of course, this is the 1984 Christmas version but the original was done in 1971. In my search for lyrics I ran across the story behind it. I consider myself a road warrior and I loved how a fogged in airport can turn into a great opportunity.

Whaddya say? Should Coca Cola bring one more rendition of this one back for old times sake? I'd love to buy the world a home and furnish it with love. I would!

4 comments:

Libby said...

Wow...great story behind that ad. Thanks for the link.

Chelsea said...

i never knew that the song playing on that little music box i had as a kid started as a coke ad!

i gotta say, coke ads are always the best. i mean, what can beat the polar bears and coke at christmas?

Leah Claire said...

I woke up with "Prince Ali" from Aladdin in my head. Not quite as inspiring as your song or the story. But hey, maybe if I do some digging, I'll come up with something. :) Happy New Year!

The Wuehler Wireless said...

I love that song! I actually saw a whole thing about it on Cola Wars on the History Channel.