Friday, December 19, 2008

Thank You Patrick!!!


This is a shout out to the governor of Massachusetts for calling a state of emergency for today. Since I'm considered a "non-essential city employee" work is closed! To add a little cherry on top of that, I have all next week off so basically, my vacation starts NOW. I get to hang out with my adorable girl today. I could start that t-shirt quilt for Brent. I could tidy the house. I could go back to bed. I could bake bread! I could call all my friends and have long, meaningful conversations. I could take pictures and video of Liesel. I could blog. I could light a yule log. I could watch all the recorded tv episodes on my dvr. I could shop online. I could organize my iTunes. I could ponder poems by Yeats. I could change my ring tone. Oh the things I could do! Oh! Oh! Oh!!!

4 comments:

The Wuehler Wireless said...

Enjoy it, whatever you may choose to do!

Reggs said...

Hey you can call your sister and yak about water balloon fights! Oh yah, you did that TOO!!
Seriously, I love unexpected free time. When someone springs it on you, your head FLOODS with fun stuff to do! (Although I admit organizing my iTunes is at the bottom of the list, way under pedicure and wander shopping at Target).

Libby said...

I vote for NOT wander shopping at Target. That place is insane right now.

You and Liesel could come over here and make Christmas cookies with us...we'd love it! (And I think your sewing machine is starting to miss you.)

Leah Claire said...

Hooray for snow days. Not much luck getting one of those here in TX. Maybe an Ice day if I'm lucky!! Hope you are enjoying every minute of vacay! Loves, Leah