Sunday, September 20, 2009

First Day of School

Well okay, or daycare. Liesel doesn't have a backpack but she has a tote so I thought I'd get a picture of that. After a summer hiatus with Aunt Whitney as her nanny and some quality time with the grandparents, she went back to KinderCare on Monday. The transition wasn't quite as smooth as I'd hoped. When we went to her new classroom (she's now in Toddler 1 as opposed to the Infant room), a lot of the toddler's older siblings were there. They walked right up to Liesel and started touching her hair, demanding to know her name, crowding her etc. She just backed into my legs and clung to me and then cried when we said "goodbye." However, she perked up when she saw they had food. Lots of her old buddies are back with her which is great and when we picked her up Friday afternoon she was all smiles. I'd love to stay home with her but since that's currently not an option, I'm so happy she goes somewhere she can play with friends and enjoy herself.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Hope she's enjoying the fun. She's about to have her world turned up on end! As mom would say, "Nothing grows up a toddler like a new baby..." She'll be a great big sis. :D