Once I met up with Brent (I had been doing some pre-game shopping of course
), I was handed a menu which included clam chowder, lobster rolls, and burger bites. Brent informed me they'd take credit cards. The vendor or waitress or whatever stopped by often to make sure we were comfortable. We'd left Liesel with friends so it was a nice evening with just the two of us. Unfortunately, we lost but at least we got to see Big Papi up to bat. His presence at the plate is still so impressive to me. The Red Sox mascot Wally the Green Monster even made a visit to our section. You would have thought he was Brad Pitt by all the commotion! Ahhhh, only at Fenway.
I actually didn't mi
nd the loss because Brent is sooooo cute when he's bummed about the Red Sox. He looks like a little kid anyway, but when they lose he looks like a little kid who's dog has just died. Even his incredulity at the poor playing seems somehow young and innocent. Yes honey, he SHOULD have fielded that ball better. LOL, it makes me want to kiss his forehead and give him a bowl of soup to make him feel better.
After the game we walked from Fenway to the Boston Commons parking garage. Personally I don't think it's worth it to get shoved onto a crowded train with beer soaked people just to try and make it down the street a little faster. Walking is a nice way to work off the Fenway frank and just enjoy the evening a bit longer. After a few blocks we struck up a conversation with a really nice guy who it turns out was also from Belmont. His son now works for the Red Sox but he can't get his wife to go to a game with him. He kind of looked like Steven Spielberg (who I believe is also a Red Sox fan) and I wonder if we'll ever run into him again.
I can't wait to see how the BOSOX do this month!
3 comments:
I SO miss red sox games at fenway- I have been to a few out here when they have played against the Oakland A's and it just isn't the same. The truly is something so magical about games at Fenway. And I get very into sports as well- like Brent. I also get the same way with reality tv shows- William thinks that sometimes I'm more upset than the people that lost
GOOD CALL! I really do love how passionate Brent gets about stuff. It's so fun to discuss things with him, ANYTHING! I remember watching a few episodes of the Biggest Loser and it was MORE FUN because Brent was so into it. He makes life more enjoyable, even when people aren't fielding the balls like they should. :D
Ahhhh Fenway, my happy place. Hopefully I can make it out there again to catch another game :) I'll admit, I'm a little jealous that you guys get to go even if it is just once or twice a year!
Post a Comment