Sunday, March 07, 2010

Mona Liesel's Smile

Between breaking some big molars, entering the world of potty training and anticipating a new baby sister, life has been a little hectic for Liesel. She's had her up days and her down days but by and large she's handling all the changes quite well. When she was nothing more than a beautiful baby peering out of a blanket people told us over and over, "it just gets better." We couldn't agree more. Even though the occasional melt downs are no fun for anyone involved, she's such a joy in our lives.

Usually Brent lets me sleep in on the weekends but this morning Liesel would have none of it. She came to the door of the bedroom and said, "Mom? Hungry?" Then she cocked her head to the side, held out her hand and said, "COME ON!" It was just adorable and I'm still laughing about it.

When I was pregnant with Liesel I told Brent I didn't know what kind of mother I would be, but I was confident my daughter would be well-heeled. My latest slew of Gymboree clothes went on sale so we went back to the store to get the price adjustment. The only catch is that I wanted to keep the total amount spent the same so I wouldn't lose my Gymbucks which are redeemable in April. The ladies at the store were SO nice! They brought out all the stuff from the back for a newborn and a 2T. Some of it belonged in the back but there were a lot of things that were adorable and ridiculously cheap. This dress was all of $5. Initially I got it just because it seemed wrong not to. Once we were home I realized the colors and scalloped edges coordinated perfectly with a pair of her Crocs. She was looking cute but when I gave her low ponytails with huge bows it officially became one of my favorite outfits. Hands down dressing my daughter is one of the best perks of motherhood.

We've learned that a toddler's mood has it's polar opposites. On the flip side of the melt downs are her unbelievably giddy moments like this one. How can you not smile with a little girl like this?

3 comments:

josh, erica, nora, wells, evie and stella said...

I'm dying to know how you manage to get great deals at Gymboree. Everytime I go in there, I leave with NADA! The cuteness of their clothes is undeniable- especially on Liesel. We have to get together again! When is your due-date?

Katrina said...

Definitely agree - dressing up a little girl is just a joy. So fun, and lots of options to get that "precious" look. And the best part is that you'll get to do it all over again!!! Enjoy!

The Wuehler Wireless said...

I love it when they get all silly. I am glad you got it on video. I can't believe how much she looks like such a big girl in the first picture! I looked at it and thought, "OMG, is that Liesel? She looks 4" and the picture of her in the dress is too adorable!