Saturday, December 22, 2012

Happy Feet

A few days shut up in the house was enough to drive us all a little stir crazy. I decided to take the two older girls for pedicures while Brent got some one-on-one time with Brigitta. The place we went to has little pink chairs just for girls and a dvd player to distract them. The woman who worked on them was so sweet! She immediately ushered me to my own chair on the other side of the salon and told me not to worry, she would take care of them.

Oh did she take care of them! I have to admit I cringed at the colors the girls chose (especially Liesel's lime green polish) but the designs made up for them. She had a thick accent which Ireland had a hard time understanding. The lady repeatedly asked if she wanted a snowman and Ireland just kept responding, "What?!?" louder and louder. Finally she yelled loud enough for everyone in the nail salon (and some strangers walking by in the mall), "I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING!!!" Thankfully Liesel piped up and as you can see, Ireland did get the snowman.

In the interest of teaching the girls it is much better to give than to receive, we went to the dollar store and I let the girls pick out gifts for Brent. Ireland knew what to get him right away while Liesel carefully perused her options. I handed them each two dollars and let them pay the clerk on their own. I think my plan failed because both of them were more excited about the change they received than any gift giving they were doing. However, once we got home they scurried downstairs to wrap their gifts. While I cut out wrapping paper and tied bows, they did the rest themselves. I'm excited to see how it goes on Christmas morning when they give those little gifts to their daddy!

My picture isn't the best, but Liesel got tiny branches with little pink flowers.

No comments: