I love this picture! At a glance you can see it's Brigitta looking in on Liesel's dance class. They're wearing the same pink tutu and even though we can't see the expression on her face, we can imagine she is wondering when it will be her turn to take dance classes like her older sister.
What you may not have noticed is this tutu is WAY too small for Brigitta! The leggings are halfway up her calves. The tutu actually barely covers her belly instead of sitting on her hips like it should. As I dressed Ireland and Liesel for dance, I moved Brigitta's outift into Sydney's closet. Brigitta spied me and assumed I was getting it down for her. "Oh why not," I thought. "Couldn't hurt, right?" As soon as all the girls were dressed, Brigitta stomped her little feet excitedly and all 3 started dancing.
Dance was the usual routine (ha, PUN!). Ireland's class was first (ballet then tap) and then it was Liesel's turn in the same order. By the time I snapped this photo, Ireland had taken off her dance shoes and was running around with some other kids. Brigitta nabbed Ireland's tap shoes and managed to get one on. When it was time for Liesel to switch from ballet to tap, Brigitta wandered towards the door. Once all the girls were back in class with their tap shoes, the door was shut on her. Here is Brigitta on the outside of the door with that one tap shoe on. She's standing on tip toe as she watches Liesel in class. This time she had the right outfit, and she managed to get one of the right shoes on. I'm pretty sure she thinks if she can manage to do both they will finally, finally let her into the class.
Don't worry Brigitta, that door won't always be shut to you! Your turn will come, I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment