Having shared a bed with Whitney before, Reagan and I asked for a room together. Whitney used to take off her head gear in the middle of the night when it was bothering her and I'd wake up to a wire sticking out of my spleen. She's also a big time cuddler... to the point it can be a little suffocating. Mom graciously took the bed with Whitney. When two women shared a bed in Shakespeare's day, they were called "bedfellows" and I have to say Reagan is the most angelic looking bedfellow:
Even though Whitney insists she's changed, she's still a bit of a cuddler.
There are very few women I feel perfectly comfortable sharing a bed with, but my sisters are definitely among them.
At church we got to meet Ken Jennings, the man who holds the longest winning streak on Jeopardy (74 episodes) who also taught a really great gospel doctrine lesson on Galatians. He was kind enough to let me take a picture with him which was fortuitous since I was preparing a Jeopardy game for my own ward that week.
After church we stopped by Kerry Park where Mom caught this picture. I'm so very grateful to Whitney for being such an amazing hostess. Really, no one can top this.
For lunch Whitney made a delicious stew which was perfect with the cool weather and we watched tv, played games and hung out. I was getting ready to head to bed when everyone insisted I go with them to this:
Oh my. First of all, the cathedral is very visible high in the hills of Seattle. I wondered about it the last time I visited. Secondly, the choir was just beautiful. Whitney called them monks and technically they are not, but the sound they make is similar.
You can listen to them online but it's not the same thing as actually being there and hearing those voices acapella and in unison. It was simply beautiful and I'm glad I tagged along.


No comments:
Post a Comment