VERY quick selfie with Brent so we could snag good seats! Doesn't he look festive in that knitted sweater?
Sydney had to use the restroom and we came upon the coolest drinking fountain! This building is just beautiful.
Ireland started coughing so I slipped her some Ludens and a mask. In spite of that, the program was beautiful. I love when they turn off all the lights aside from one, big candle in the front and from that candle, all the others are lit until the chapel is positively glowing. For the last chorus, everyone raises their candle in the air and I can hardly sing for crying. Amidst the chaos of the holiday season, I try to grab whatever moments of peace I can and this is definitely one of them!
For dinner we tried something a friend of mine had mentioned her family had recently done- a grilled cheese bar. With several different options of breads, cheeses and toppings, everyone could make their own creation and it was SO good!!! I have long been a fan of blackberry and brie but throw in a little chocolate and oh wow. Ireland and I also fell in love with cheddar, pickle and cream cheese- YUM!!! It was a huge hit and we are definitely doing it again.
Rather than have a sisters sleepover, the girls decided to set up the projector and watch a movie on the ceiling. See Gita and Ireland on the bed and Liesel and Sydney on the floor? They slept comfortably in their own beds so no one woke up cranky and irritable.
No comments:
Post a Comment