Sunday, December 03, 2023

The Merry Swiftmas House

 When I came across this story on CNN which noted this house is in Naperville, I knew we had to make a pilgrimage! Liesel needs to beef up her night driving as she prepares to get her license in the spring so she braved the cold and wet freeway to get us there. I figured there would be a crowd but I was surprised by how much of a crowd there was.


The friendship bracelets made from pool noodles were so clever! Of course the girls wanted to dress as their favorite era and they were decked out in their own bracelets as well. 

There was so much to take in, this family really went all out.


In true Swiftie fashion, there was a feeling of kindness and community. Everyone was respectful, taking turns for photo ops and talking quietly to not disturb the neighbors. We saw a trolly of tourists pass by and everyone inside was jamming to Taylor Swift music.

The Travis Kelce nod made me laugh.

I kid you not, I really felt the Christmas spirit here. Combining Taylor Swift and Christmas might seem silly and insignificant but I'm telling you there was an honest-to-goodness feeling of peace and goodwill towards men around this house. 


Aside from decorating our own house, visiting the Taylor Swiftmas house put me in a Christmas mindset more than anything else we did this holiday season. I took the girls as just a little something fun to do but it turns out I really kinda needed it. 

Even though it was a bit of a drive, I'm so glad we went!

No comments: