Friday, August 16, 2019

Brigitta is SEVEN!

Job #1 for Brigitta's birthday was to begin her baptism quilt for her 8th birthday. I really dragged my feet on Ireland's baptism quilt and man oh man did I pay dividends in stress on that one! Brigitta's symbol is the forget-me-not while her color is purple and we found the perfect fabric for the border. I'm really betting on her excitement about her quilt sustaining me through the process... because it is a PROCESS!

Brigitta is named after her great-great grandmother Birgithe Cathrine Jensen who hailed from Denmark. My dad tells me if he could describe her in 1 word it would be loving. Birgithe especially had a love for animals and apparently owned a cow who would follow her around. I don't know if personality traits can be passed down, but if they can Brigitta definitely inherited that one!


Whenever we visit Iowa City, I worry she's going to smother Dakota with love but Whitney assured me that affection is mutual. She took this video of Gita sneaking downstairs to cuddle a bit (notice the wagging tail). 

She had a BIG breakfast in bed!

Brigitta never wants anyone to be left out so she asked for a strawberry cake from ColdStone since Liesel is on the chocolate challenge.

Her big gift was the American Girl doll she's been absolutely pining for. 

Gita's hair is darkening fast- much faster than her sisters who are more likely to stay life-long blondes. She loves that she's the only one who looks more like me and was excited her doll had chocolate brown hair as well.

Both grandparents also gave her gift cards so she could have some fun at the store. 

We ran into this puppy "sheepadoodle" just before entering the store. He's part sheepdog and part poodle and he was the cutest, fluffiest, sweetest thing I've ever seen. Gita was in heaven!

Something about seeing these police officers dressed in kevlar  with weapons at their side and yet being absolutely charmed by the adorable displays made me smile.

This is going to be a banner year for Brigitta as she prepares for baptism next year and no doubt grows in grace and wisdom. Happy Birthday sweet girl, I love you so much!

No comments: