The older girls noted they hadn't really gotten their fill of the beach. We tried out the Indiana Sand Dunes early in the summer and I'd taken the little two to Lake Michigan while the older two were at Improv Camp but we hadn't been to our beach, all together. It's simply not summer if we haven't been to our beach, all together!
Well, in the same vicinity anyway. I think part of the reason the girls love the beach so much is they can be alone if they want and they can play together if they want. Sydney stayed near me on the sand this time.
She was perfectly content to blow bubbles.
Then she decided to go into the water but didn't want to be cold so she wrapped herself up in her towel to stay warm-ish.

By and large she just wanted to hang back with me, listening to the radio and keeping an eye on the other girls.
Brigitta was pretty much in the water the whole time. We don't usually get big waves on Lake Michigan but the wind combined with the tide created some pretty big ones.

I thought she'd tire out but she never really did. Brigitta only came ashore to eat or for the obligatory sunscreen application.

Brigitta loves the skirt on this swimsuit. I wish I could figure out how to put the original slow-mo video I took because she swishes with such style!
Brigitta also has the rare talent of bringing home half the beach with her in her suit, hair, ears, etc. She is positively covered in sand within just a few minutes of arriving at the beach.
Ever the social butterfly, Ireland was off with her sweet friend who has been with us to the beach many times.

Love that girl. Sometimes more kids = more chaos but she knows right how to tuck in and go with the flow. All of the girls love her because she plays with all of them.

Liesel suddenly looked older to me.
Something about the way she carried herself made her seem... I dunno... more teen-like.
I can't put my finger on it.
It sure was nice to be back at our beach, all together! Haha!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment