It's a bit hard to believe anything other than Sydney's birthday and Disney happened in November! Either we were frantically preparing for it, living it, or reminiscing about/recovering over it. But life happens and some other events snuck their way into the month.
The leaves were not alone in receiving Midas' touch! All month long the skies spoiled us for gorgeous, golden sunrises and sunsets.

I truly love all 4 seasons but I do wish fall would last longer. Almost as if I manifested it, I told Brent if the leaves could change and then stay on the trees for a few months I would be perfectly content with midwest weather. The tree outside our bedroom overheard and while the leaves didn't hang on for a full 3 months, they seemed to cling a bit longer than normal and I relished every moment.
Even as the snow began to fall, they remained stoic.
I think even more beautiful all dusted and frosted!
I had grand plans to have the house mostly decorated for Christmas before we left for Disneyland (which would likewise be decorated for Christmas!) and I was bested by my own hubris. Throughout the month we slowly got our act together, bit by bit. For the planters, I did an array of evergreens and some little gnomes I picked up at Home Depot.
Sydney: Am I supposed to? Or do you just want me to?
I need to stop leaving projects for next holiday season when I will surely have more time than I did this holiday season. I buckled down and figured out a way to hang this lasered paper which used to sit on the fireplace mantle with some electric candles behind it. Their weak glow never quite showed off the stunning details so I hammered some picture hangers on the corners of the frame, strung some wire and hung it in the window where the light could fully shine on it.
I wasn't completely behind the 8-ball because I had all the presents wrapped before Thanksgiving. Ireland was a doll and volunteered to help. We found this fantastic wrapping at The Container Store and we remembered the dinosaur unicorn rainbow that served as the perfect embellishment. This particular gift went to Reagan's family- a bubble wrap calendar!
Brigitta is all over mulling the wassail as soon as she has the ingredients to do it! We are forever tweaking this recipe.
During Liesel's choir concert I ended up sitting next to two super obnoxious teens. So throughout the concert I quietly ripped up my program and dropped the scraps of paper in the hoodie of the girl closest to me. I had like 20 little pieces in there when they got up and left!
It was perfect for this room full of the paper snowflakes!
Sydney received her flu and Covid booster a day before her sisters. Inexplicably, she went with them.
Me: Why did you go today? You already got your flu shot!
Sydney: I was an emotional support animal.
Liesel: *yelling from the shower* Can someone bring me a towel?
Gita: BE MORE PREPARED!!!
Sydney and Liesel practiced their acrobatic poses.
Gita told Liesel about it and she said, "That's such a Mom thing to do!"
The moon was absolutely stunning but I could never snap a decent picture. It looks so small in a photo compared to how big it seems! These will have to do.
One of the schools had a fundraiser at Chipotle and we mobile ordered since our night was chockablock. I was driving so the girls put it under Taylor Swift and I'm told when they went in to grab it the guy gave them a wry smile.
Sydney left behind her planner and in all my wit and wisdom, I decided to write her a note so she might be more mindful in the future.
She wrote a note back!
That was the sum and substance of our November!
No comments:
Post a Comment