Amazingly, Mom and Dad had yet another amazing restaurant to take us to before we left South Africa. Fornos is sort of like Panera with all the fresh baked goods.
Not to be confused with Budweiser, Grapetiser is sparkling grape juice. They also have Appletiser but this was our favorite because it was perky and refreshing and oh how we miss it!
Breakfast was insanely delicious. By now I trusted Mom and Dad's suggestions and this is what I ordered. It's a crepe with a poached egg, ham and mushrooms with a cheese sauce. Oh. My. YUM!!!
After breakfast we headed to Mandela Square which is in a shopping mall. This statue is huge! It's a giant of a statue for a giant of a man and his influence over the world.
I'm not real sure what happened to the sign but it looks like one of the lights got a bit too hot and melted off some of the letters?
The square itself is just lovely with the courtyard and fountain.
Let's look at that banner a bit more closely with those oh so wise words:
This picture cracks me up because the statue was so tall, Mom had to use the panorama feature on my iPhone camera. Apparently Ireland was moving around a lot, because her head is almost disconnected from her body.
This one's a little better although Ireland's squirmed right out of the picture. We couldn't spend too long taking photos because there were other people queuing up for their turn.
We originally planned to drive by Mandela's estate, but Dad wasn't feeling well, I had a bit of last-minute shopping to do, and we needed to get packing (literally!). I'm really glad we had the chance to visit Mandela Square though. Although he has passed on, he is everywhere in South Africa... especially in the hearts of his people.




No comments:
Post a Comment