Saturday, March 15, 2014

Ireland's Birthday Party

Once we got to Mom and Dad's flat, I took a bath and then completely crashed. I'm told I slept for 5 hours and upon awaking, found that Mom had been steadily doing our laundry, given Liesel and Ireland baths, and prepped for Ireland's birthday celebration. Little Ireland was beyond thrilled to finally have a proper party.

Liesel and Ireland drew birthday cards:

I love how she sticks out her tongue when she concentrates!


Blew up party balloons:


Ireland was supervising Liesel. Here she is telling Grandma Liesel needs two more big puffs until she's done with the balloon.

Added sprinkles to the giant Oreo cake:

And waited patiently for Mom and Dad to wake up so the party could begin:


Let't take a look at that lovely spread a little closer:
Aren't those zebra and giraffe pitchers fantastic? More on those later. Finally the celebration started and we all noshed on HUGE hot dogs and Nik Naks. Those are the South African version of Cheetos. I have to say I like the packaging and name much, much better. A happy guy in dreadlocks is way more fun than a sleazy cheetah pimp.


Finally it was time for the cake...

 ... and presents. Grandma and Grandpa gave Ireland some adorable stuffed animals of a monkey, gorilla and zebra. Ireland played with them the whole time we were there.
 Sydney loved playing with them too. They were just the right size for her to grasp.

After the celebration we all sat down to catch up a bit:


When the girls went to bed, we showed my parents YouTube video after YouTube video. "Show them the Jeff Gordon Pepsi one!" "You have to see the two California joggers in a Portland snowstorm!" "How have you never heard of Dumb Ways to Die?!?!?" Eventually, we went to bed happy to be fed, rested, clean and in good company.


No comments: