No matter how old Ireland turns, there's a quality about her that screams "little girl." Perhaps it's how she's never outgrown pigtails. Or perhaps it's the slightest hint of the lisp she had when she was younger. Or perhaps it's the way she takes it upon herself to cuddle with any similarly soft-hearted person willing to open their arms to her.
In any case, I wanted this year's photos to reflect that despite outward appearances, she is indeed growing up. We've done fluffy dress photos. We've done long, flowing hair photos. We've done photos out in nature. This time I wanted a more urban feel. Long ago, I found this deeply discounted reversible puffer jacket at Ralph Lauren and fell in love. Liesel was less enthusiastic so she never wore it, but Ireland liked it and the day of her photo shoot was rather frigid so it was perfect. One hipster braid and my favorite pink lipstick- Nars Funny Face made her girly without being babyish. Yet again, Reagan did a fantastic job. Get ready for a slew of photos!
This one is my favorite with her eyes looking to the corner and her hair flying behind her. The angle where the street meets the brick wall is just perfect.
I love this one too. Even though her smile with those two front teeth missing is undeniably adorable, I like pictures where she's not smiling too. She's a pensive girl, for sure, and this photo reflects that quality.
She is truly such a love!
Oh those eyes!!!
There's that sweet smile :)
Each of the girls have one or two pairs of All-Star Converse, but Ireland pulls them out to wear on a day-to-day basis more than anyone.
Her whole face is going to rapidly change when those adult teeth grow in. For now, she's still my little girl.
This was technically when the photo shoot was over and we were warming up inside the local Starbucks. I'd bought Ireland a cake pop as a treat for being such a trooper taking pictures in the cold. This photo wasn't planned, but it's another one of my favorites. She's still so young and so innocent.
The other day after school Ireland tearfully told me that some kids in her class were calling her a "cry baby." Big, crocodile tears rolled down her cheeks as she expressed how much that hurt her and I had to keep myself from pointing out that she does, indeed, cry quite a bit. Ireland has such a tender heart and I'm grateful Brent and I are not the only guardians of it. We are blessed with so many friends, family and neighbors who take a special interest in Ireland. It seems like these kids are young for a while and then they suddenly get leggy, lose some more baby chub, and use words I don't recall teaching them. For the moment, time is standing still for Ireland and I want to soak it up while I still can. My sweet Ireland!















No comments:
Post a Comment