Friday, April 02, 2021

Liesel is THIRTEEN!

We have officially entered the teen years! Although if I'm being honest, Liesel's pretty mature and mentally I've felt like she's a teenager for a while now. Perhaps it's the pandemic, but I see how introspective she's becoming. She's seeing a life without Mom and Dad and I want to give her the tightest hug before I watch her fly. Watch out world, this girl is coming for you!

Usually Liesel's favorite ice cream cake is topped with Kit Kats but Brent was able to specially order it so it's topped with Lucky Charms. I think it looks so happy along with the multicolored sprinkles. 


Here you can see her edelweiss earrings we picked out together on Etsy (from Italy!).

Gita bought this for Liesel a with her very own money and when she came up short, Ireland loaned her the difference. These girls are just getting me right up in my heart of hearts as they are so thoughtful about their gifts to each other!

Liesel's big present was a couple of dressers so she could finally have all her clothes in her own room! She's had to use drawers in our closet for way too long now. We had to reconfigure her bed and desk and it was actually one of the men who delivered the dressers who suggested putting her desk at an angle. It's just perfect and with the windows completely unobstructed it's brighter and feels so much bigger! We also invested in some Phillips Hue bulbs so she can make her room any color she likes.

Liesel thought long and hard about her request for breakfast in bed. She settled on breakfast sandwiches and donut holes. I have to smile remembering how excited she was about those donut holes- haha!

Grandma and Grandpa Wuehler increased their yearly gift- perhaps as a nod to her growing budget? In any case, she was incredibly grateful.

We sure love our girl!

Maybe the teen sass hasn't completely set in yet because she laughed good naturedly when we stopped kissing her cheeks and began blowing raspberries.

Liesel often comes up to me and utters one little word- "hug"- and then wraps her arms around me and I have to say, I love it so much. We all need to hug more- especially in these times.

We love our girl so much!

 During our trip to Iowa City, my mom gave me this little sock she found behind some furniture. Liesel wore this as a little baby and when I showed it to her, she was blown away with how tiny it is! That's the tragedy and beauty of kids- how they grow up and how they leave the nest. I've heard the teen years fly by and then they are gone and out of the house. I'm determined to cherish these days as much as I possibly can. 
Happy Birthday Liesel! 

No comments: