Not gonna lie, I was having a hard time with Liesel no longer being sixteen going on seventeen. Now she is seventeen and for some reason an internal clock is ticking down to eighteen when she will be grown and ready to leave us. There's so much beauty in this girl and I don't just mean that peaches and cream complexion of hers. She's a thoughtful and kind person through and through. Liesel is deeply concerned about this world which makes her a more conscientious teen than most.
Her birthday fell right in the middle of a jam-packed week but we found time to celebrate her. Traditional breakfast in bed:
Liesel is not materialistic. She'd rather thrift than buy into rampant materialism but when it was suggested we could upgrade her turntable for a really nice one, she was thrilled. She loves collecting records and has some really great ones she keeps in rotation (PUN!).
This girl definitely deserves to be feted! She had her favorite cake and we sang until those long candles were small piles of melted wax.
Came across this old picture and I told her how I remember walking through the mall with her and a little girl said to her mother, "Mom, mom, look! It's a princess!"
So she is. I love my Liesel girl and I love the person she's growing into!
No comments:
Post a Comment