Sunday, June 19, 2011

On Like Donkey Kong

After I made the vegetable garden cupcakes for Memorial Day, my sister did this blog post about her own "duck-cakes". In doing so, she has thrown down the gauntlet and proclaimed a cupcake war between us. Normally I'm against violence but when my creativity is thrown into question, I have no choice but to defend myself. So for Father's Day, I made Brent a special dinner of spaghetti and homemade meatballs.

For dessert, I also made spaghetti and meatballs. The noodles are pretty self explanatory, but you may be wondering about the meatballs. They're actually Ferrero Roche tossed in strawberry flavored pie filling. Grated white chocolate on top adds a nice touch.


I was really excited with how they looked; I almost didn't care how they tasted! Turns out hazelnut balls with strawberry flavor is a revelation. And the recipe called for plain vanilla frosting but I opted for butter cream to get more of a noodle color. Oh my deliciousness! They taste just as fabulous as they look. Brent loved them too.


So if you'd like to silently wage your support for me in this cupcake war, feel free to skip on over to Reagan's blog and vote for one of my cupcakes while the poll is still open! And Reagan? Te toca a ti!!!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Nooooooooo! I was going to make these!!!! Dangit! They turned out super cute, though!

Tina and Joe Rankin said...

I voted for the radishes. :)

Reggs said...

Ok, I admit...pretty darn cute!! Especially the fallen meat ball. I really want to know what it was like to just sit there and squirt out frosting, and did it make the squirt noise? HEE HEE!! I might have to try these, for the ferrer rochers alone.
However, I fear your meatballs may get slaughtered by my "dinner on the grill" cupcakes. Oh yah. Prepare thyself!!

Anonymous said...

the duck butt cupcakes were pretty funny when i checked them out, but the spaghetti and meatballs cupcakes won me over for sure. I'm loving your cupcake war.

Julie

p.s. I got an awesome lengthy message from Liesel last week on my phone and i just wanted to let you know :)

Laney said...

WOW! Your cupcake abilities are pretty awesome. I have too short of an attention span. You and Reagan could go on Cupcake Wars as a united front and destroy the others. I'm just sayin'...