Maybe this will be their year?
Ireland charmed everyone around us with this smile. I love it when she smiles so big her little nose wrinkles up and I hope she never loses that quirk. The burly guy in front of us couldn't get enough of her. I almost felt bad about how much of the game he missed by chatting to her.
Because it was Ireland's first Wrigley game, she got a sticker and a certificate with a picture of the park. They got her first name right for the sticker, but the certificate is for an Ireland Wuelfler. I really love the scoreboard. It looks vintage but is actually electronic. I could easily imagine Robert Redford knocking a ball right into that clock!


Brent noted Wrigley is a "cozy" ballpark. The surrounding buildings have additional seating on their rooftops. I looked up one of the websites and some of these places are really nice with multiple lounges that can be booked for large parties.
Near the end of the game a swarm of seagulls came in and parked themselves around the outfield. Apparently that's a regular occurrence, they seem to know when the game is winding down and they position themselves for dinner.
I can't wait to take Liesel to her first Wrigley game!
2 comments:
Ireland's smile is even better with those two teeth. I love that you guys got to go to a game, especially after our conversation about bball over the weekend.
We are TOTALLY DOING THIS when I finally make it out to Chicago!!! And OMG, Ireland's teeth are the bees knees. Made me happy.
Post a Comment