Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sedona, AZ Wedding

When my mission trainer Paula told me she was engaged, I immediately knew I was going to figure out a way to make it to the wedding. I was honored when she asked me to be a bridesmaid! As an added bonus, she asked a mutual companion to be one as well... the same girl that was my last companion. So in mission terms, Paula and Laney are my alpha and omega if you will. One welcomed me into the mission while the other bid me goodbye from it.

Paula treated all her bridesmaids to a morning at the salon. I was spinning around in my chair while my hairdresser got some supplies. You can see Laney in the mirror laughing at me and taking the picture.

The finished product! I LOVED my hair! I actually liked it better than the updo I had when I was married. My hairdresser tied it into knots and then pinned it. Maybe I can recreate it... maybe.

Laney and I in hair and makeup. Our hotel was in Scottsdale so we had a bit of a drive to get to Sedona. In the rush to get out the door on time I forgot my camera! I had to hijack Laney's for the day. I'm wearing the necklace she made for me. Laney also made 3 mix cd's for the long drive. She has an incredible talent for making mixes; she's her own playlist on my iPod!

Photo shoot. I love, Love, LOVE my dress!!! Paula just gave us color, fabric, length guidlines and we were free to find something we liked. Mine is from Totally Modest and I love everything from the laced up back to the petal sleeves. This is a bridesmaid dress I will definitely be wearing again! The slight color variations went really well with the pink rose bouquets.

We had a lot of time between the photo shoot and the wedding so I actually got to spend time with the bride. I've been to other weddings where I've barely had time to say hi to either the bride or the groom. It was SO nice to chat with Paula and her family for a while! I think we all walked down the aisle feeling happy and relaxed rather than rushed and stressed.
Paula looked tan, freshly highlighted and happier than I've ever seen her. At the reception I danced with her father and looked over just in time to see her put her head on Rob's shoulder in utter contentment. It was a sweet moment I'll never forget. I can't wait to see the professional photos!

1 comment:

Reggs said...

I wanna see more pix of your dress!! So highly anticipated! I love so many people from my mish. You can't help but love people you've been in the foxhole with. :D