Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bad Food I Love to Eat

I ran into CVS to grab some water before work this morning. The water at work tastes like it was stored in a rusty metal drum so I make it a habit to pick up some snooty Evian. I made a bee line straight for the refrigerated drinks when I saw them there in their cellophane packaging-- Combos. I can't adequately explain why I love them like I do. The cheese on the inside doesn't look anything close to natural and the outer shell is petrified. Even so, I found myself picking up the bag and snacking on them all afternoon while my banana sat on my desk. I like to chew off as much of the exterior as I can and then with the last bite have the delicious cheesy center. I had to tear the bag away from myself. What's wrong with me? Then I started to think of the other disgusting foods I love to eat. Keep in mind I don't eat them ALL the time but when I run across them I'm overjoyed. Soooo, for the 3 people who read my blog, here is my list:
  • Banana-flavored hard candies: Remember how I mentioned my banana sat on my desk while I chowed on Combos? I don't like bananas because they make my tongue itch but in a strange twist of fate I LOVE the fake banana taste. My very favorite are Runts. If I could get a package of Runts that just has banana and oranges I'd be set. There's a sort of taffy that has a banana flavor I love but I rarely run into them.


  • Corn dogs: something tells me the CORN in the corn part isn't really authentic. It might be made of feed grain. Still, corn dogs are on a stick, you get to dip it and there's such a wonderful surprise in the middle. Of course, that "surprise" is probably made of pig's feet and goat lips but it's sooooo yummy.

  • Cheetos: I believe Cheetos are like porn. They aren't good for you. They don't even begin to LOOK like they're good for you but they're ubiquitous. Everyone's had some! There's got to be a conspiracy. Kids try to logon to the White House website and hello, porn. I go to the vending machine for some low-fat Jr Mints and hello, Cheetos. You bite into them and they magically turn to dust in your mouth so you're eating mushy whatever-it's-really-made-of by the time you swallow. I usually have a bag of Cheetos once or twice a year but I find myself licking the orange "cheese" off my fingers at the end of it.

  • KFC: Despite the fact I only order the extra crispy, the chicken is slathered in oil which makes it easy to go down. I don't think the mashed potatoes come from Idaho. The corn has a funny taste. Yet once a year (usually on the 4th of July when I wish I had some BBQ food) I find myself frequenting this establishment.

Okay 3 people who read my blog, what are your food guilty pleasures? BTW- I'm totally not offended very few people are fascinated with my own rambling thoughts and read this blog. I barely have time to write entries much less check in on my own friends and family who blog. I primarily write this blog as a record, not as entertainment. Still, I greatly appreciate you 3 people who so faithfully check in with me.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Hey I have an occasional weakness for KFC, too! As in, that's what we ate Saturday night. I couldn't help but bring home a bucket. I had 3 pieces and Tyler had 1. Who eats just one piece of KFC? Even if it was a huge breast. And the potatoes...And the biscuits... Jerks didn't put honey in with it, though. It made me sad.

I'd say my food weakness lies in anything with sugar. My friend dropped off a goodie plate on Monday. I consumed the entire thing, completely by myself, on Tuesday. That involved a lot of sneaking treats so I didn't have to share any with Henry, Mr Big Eyes and Ears. Ok, so I did put one of the sugar cookies in his lunch yesterday.

I'm just glad that I'm ignoring the scale right now anyway. I can't tell what is from the holiday binge crap eating and what is from the baby growing a third arm from the holiday snacking.

The Wuehler Wireless said...

I love your food weaknesses. I love all those too, especially corndogs!!! When I was pregant, I ate a whole Costco box of them in a couple of days. Gross, huh?

I think one of my most guilty pleasures: Mc Donald's double cheesburger. They are so bad for you but I can eat them any time of day and they were my staple at 3 am when I was pregnant.

Reggs said...

OMGOSH!!! that is SO FREAKING BIZARRE that you said that thing about bananas. I HATE bananas, they make smoothies and fruit salads really slimy. HOWEVER..i can't get enough of banana taffy. Like the laffy taffy, i am always eating all the yellow ones first. WEIRD!!! It must be genetic.

I like the really greasy kind of Lays potato chips that are sour cream and onion. The kind where you hold up the chip and its slightly transparent, and the oil immediately soaks into your fingers.

My huge downfall, caramel hershey kisses. PURE EVIL! They are like thunder thighs in a bag. SOOOO YUMMY! You truly cannot eat just one of them, and I think they're 75calories A PIECE. Although, totally worth it. My dream day would be melting caramel kisses and mixing them into some fudgy ice cream...MMM...i believe i am drooling now.

Oh and last but not least, cinnabons. I know, they are huge, fatty and covered in sugar, but I love them. I DO restrain myself, however, and only end up eating half of one (even though they are the size of a bean bag). YUM-O!

Lisa said...

I'm not a fan of KFC chicken per se....but their Mashed Potato/Chicken bowls....OOOH YEAH! We make homemade versions of them for dinner all the time. Other "bad" foods I love to eat....ANYTHING my mom bakes. That woman is a goddess in the kitchen. Pistachios, miniature resses peanut butter cups, and crab meat rangoons. Ok, I have to sign off....I'm drooling on my keyboard.

Stargirl said...

The whole time I was in the hospital I craved crispy KFC chicken. Occasionally I'd stray to turkey sandwiches or Chinese food, but like a trained dog I was faithful to my KFC cravings. Which is funny, 'cause I only go to KFC once a year or so.