Last night was one of those times and I was blissfully sleeping. Much to my dismay, Brent rolled over to face me and let out a huge breath. Oh my, it was like smelling the inside of a rotting, dead goat. Moving takes an act of Congress for me so there I was, with my sweet husband, foul breath and the prospect of returning to my left side for the night. I tried nudging him and he obliged... for two minutes, he turned his head to the wall. Then turned his head towards me again and breathed a HUGE sigh. Awash in empty stomach stench, I just wanted to cry. Now I know how Captain Jack Sparrow felt when he faced the Kraken in At World's End. I had no other option but to make a 3-point turn back to my left side and drift back to sleep.

My dreams were beyond bizarre. I dreamed I went to a pawn shop and asked for a cheeseburger. This is strange for a couple of reasons: 1- One of my New Year's Resolutions is to give up fast food for the year. I barely eat any as it is, I've never been that fond of it and I always regret it when I do. 2- I've never actually been to a pawn shop but there I was arguing with the guy behind the counter that they had a cheeseburger and he just wasn't giving it to me. 3- When he insisted he didn't have one I told him I was just sure someone had pawned a partially eaten cheeseburger and I wanted it. WHY would I want that? Thankfully, I woke up at this point.
My undergraduate degree was in Psych and I made a very little foray into dream analysis but for the life of me I don't get this one. Suggestions? When I told Brent about what happened he vowed he was going to start sleeping on the guest bed because he feels too guilty taking any bit of sleep away from me. Awwwwe! He's so sweet!!!
1 comment:
Wow...I've had that same experience! Only, my dear husband snores right in my face along with the "heavenly aroma." A few years ago, I started sleeping with my knee in his back, and that keeps him on his left side: snore free!
Post a Comment