 |
Doesn't she look gangsta? With her expression and her head
tipped back like that I think the swim cap looks like a 'do rag. |
I was so sad to find out the Wisconsin Wuehlers were going to be out of town for most of the summer. Somehow I had envisioned a summer of the cousins hanging out together and me eating a lot of Jim and Vanessa's cooking. By the time they get back, I'll be dangerously close to my due date so visits will be a lot tougher. Before they left to head west, Vanessa agreed to meet up at Lake Michigan for a beach day. Then she told me they decided to make a weekend of it which was like a birthday on top of Christmas! Since we moved to Chicago, Brent had never been to the lake with us and I couldn't wait to have my family all together at the beach for once. I don't think I could adequately describe how excited the kids were to get together, so I'll let the pictures do the talking:
 |
The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue doesn't have anything on these girls! They
both had skirted swimsuits which flounced around as they ran all over the beach. |
Of all their cousins, I think the girls resemble Jim and Vanessa's kids the most. They all have very similar hair color and that cream cheesy skin not to mention the Wuehler cowlick. When all the cousins were running around chasing seagulls, I couldn't help but think about the Gremlins that would multiply when you threw water on them. All the girls needed was a little water and pouf! There were twice as many of them. Anyone remember that movie? I'm realize I'm dating myself here.
 |
| Where did your feet go? |
 |
| There they are! |
 |
| Liesel and Isaac up to their necks in beach. |
If Ireland was skittish about the water during our last trip to the lake, she was downright brazen this time. I could only stand to be in the water up to my ankles for a couple of minutes before I needed a break. Ireland spent a fair amount of time in there just hanging out with Jim and Vanessa. She had no problem wandering in on her own (not too far of course) to fill her little watering pot. As we headed to the car she gleefully kicked her bare feet through the sand. Oh yes, I think Ireland has many happy beach days ahead of her this summer along with her sister.
 |
| Is this not the picture of a happy kid? I love that sand-covered face! |
 |
One of the greatest perks of having family around is there's always
a willing photographer. Brent and I never get pictures together anymore! |
When we'd all had enough and started to pack up, there was a resounding wail of protest from the little ones. After we took them home and cleaned them up, Brent and Jim took the kids so Vanessa and I could have a girl's night out. We had a leisurely dinner at John Barleycorns and then saw Snow White and the Huntsman. Call me crazy but I felt like it was a dark, adult version of Toddlers and Tiaras (in terms of what constitutes real beauty). I love hanging out with Vanessa and am so grateful Brent and Jim made that happen for us. It's no consolation prize for the Wisconsin Wuehlers being gone all summer, but it certainly eases the pain a little.
3 comments:
Looks like so much fun! The girls are adorable in their swimsuits and you guys look great!
Looks like a hoot! And its always a great time when cousins get together!!!
So jealous you have a beach so close. I love the water.
Post a Comment