Monday, June 18, 2012

Fur Rills, SHRIEKETY SHRIEK SHRIEK SHRIEK!!!!!!

Brent sent me a text message asking me to call him when I was done with visiting teaching (don't know what that is? Feel free to read under Relief Society here). He included a smiley face which I thought was interesting... he's not usually into emoticons. In any case, as requested I called him after my visit. He told me he'd received a voicemail from the general manager of The Container Store.

Okay, so let me back up a second. In a nesting frenzy I'd recently made a big enough purchase to qualify us for a $15 gift card that expired at the end of June. Having recently sated my Container Store craving, I handed it over to Brent. As of Friday, he hadn't gotten around to using it. I'd received an email announcing a chance to win a $500 gift certificate that could be used towards a garage makeover. Well, we don't own a garage, but my parents do and they happen to be right in the middle of cleaning out and organizing theirs. I suggested Brent stop by, use the gift card and sign my dad up for the Father's Day promotion. Brent did, and added his own name as well figuring why not?

So then he got the call. HE WON!!! Yes the gift card could be used for elfa installation but really it was just a gift card that could be used towards anything in the store. I called my parents and gave them the bad news first: we're keeping it. Then I gave them the good news: Brent won the $500 gift card. They were very happy for us and joked had they won they would have at least considered splitting it with us. My dad mentioned something about calling corporate headquarters and letting them know I won a $100 gift card not so long ago. Was I bothered by their ribbing? No, not at ALL! A little. But I could soothe my wounded feelings with the knowledge we have $500 to spend at my favorite store of all time!

Because Brent won, I'm throwing this one over in his court. He asked me to come up with a wish list which we can use with whatever is left over when he's done with his own shopping spree. Oh, and the best part? The gift card never expires. Need I say it? I LOVE THE CONTAINER STORE!!!!

No comments: