 |
| Big sisters |
 |
| Little sisters |
It made no sense to go, but I had to. And Reagan felt the same way. After a dozen phone calls to coordinate flights, hotel and a rental car, we were all set. My sweet so sweet husband searched American Airlines for last minute flights. On Valentine's Day he kissed me and put me on a plane to San Diego while he took time off work to stay with the kids. He ran them to pediatric appointments, haircuts and child studies at the University of Chicago. The girls were over the moon to have a Daddy Daughter Date that lasted an entire weekend. Brent made sure to take lots of pictures and miraculously there was no bloodshed the entire time I was gone (unless you count Brigitta's shots). He never questioned my instincts about this wholly unexpected trip.
 |
| Friends |
It wasn't until I saw my dear friend and hugged her and sobbed and sobbed and sobbed that I understood why I had to go. Because strong friendships endure even the hardest of times. Because grief can be haunting and beautiful all at once. Because I love surprising people I love. Because we should all step back once in a while and consider how we live our life, and what's truly important. Because being there is so much better than a Facebook comment. Because the best friendships are between two good forgivers.
And because when all is said and done, we are meant to have joy.
1 comment:
I'm still amazed that you and Reagan (and your husbands!) sacrificed to be there for us. I will never be able to repay this kindness. I love you!
Post a Comment