Sunday, June 30, 2013

Brigitta's June POTD

June 13: In her new swimsuit...
 ... the best part is the bum!
June 19: Sleepy angel face
June 20: Simply smiling
June 22: After face-planting in bubbles
June 29: Fun, fun, fun 'till her daddy takes the T-bird away
After a couple of weeks observing her sisters in swim lessons, Brigitta made it clear she was anxious to get her turn in the water. Initially I dreaded putting on a maternity swimsuit and getting one more child ready for a summer activity. Boy was I wrong. Now I look forward to a cool dip in the water and spending some one-on-one time with my little one. Brigitta's kicking, splashing and bubble-blowing in that 40 minutes is enough to tire her out for a 2, 3, sometimes 4 hour nap afterwards! She's busted 1 fang and has 3 upper teeth that stubbornly refuse to come down so she is still teething, teething, teething. At times it turns her from the sweetly smiling girl I know into a screaming monster of a child. Oh how I can't wait until those teeth bust through and I can have my darling girl back! Today in church Brent had her on his lap and during one of the hymns Brigitta caught sight of the chorister leading the music. She immediately started waving her arms around and it was the most adorable thing. She's only waking up once a night now (sometimes not even that) and depending on how quickly I can get her a bottle, she's mostly down from about 7:30 to 7:30 which is nice. She's still determined to catch up with her sisters and is getting more and more vocal about her demands. Brigitta's hair is starting to look like and 80's David Bowie with fuzz on top and then straight on the back and sides. No hint of curl and some days she looks platinum blonde while others she's a decided brunette. Only time will tell with that one...

1 comment:

Reggs said...

I can attest that those legs are little tree trunks!! CHUNKKA CHUNKKA!!! Love that little one...