Monday, June 23, 2014

Coming Home

Did I mention my flight home was a red eye in first class? I got to stretch out in a nice, big seat with nothing in front of me but bulkhead. I had a flight attendant filling my drink as soon as it was half-empty, offering me warm nuts, and letting me know when the cookies would finish baking. I love to travel, but I really love to travel first class! As we descended into Chicago and were in-between layers of clouds, it suddenly occurred to me what a privilege it is to experience flight. For thousands of years the vast majority of people on this planet have been stuck to the earth. Even now, most people will live their lives without ever being on an airplane.

Maybe it was a bit of exhaustion, but the thought humbled me and I became incredibly grateful for the beautiful scenes passing by my window.
Chicago came into view and I was spoiled for another view (although it's a horrible picture). Within minutes we were again on the ground.

Seriously though, it's a miracle, isn't it?

No comments: