Monday, June 30, 2014

Sydney's June POTD

Sweetly sleeping
I love this age when my babies are always happy to see me!
Footsies
I adore this swimsuit! The ruffles, the bows, the girly pink color...fat rolls never looked so cute! Brent's about to take her to the hotel pool for some swimming.
Sydney's cousin Harley was so cute with her!
Right now I'm obsessed with Sydney's legs and feet. Her thighs are nice and chubby with a couple of rolls that taper down to her tiny little baby feet. She's at the age where she uses them to express herself almost more than her face or voice. When she sees I'm about to get her out of her Pack N Play, she kicks her legs out excitedly. When she's sick of being strapped in her car seat, she stretches them out straight and rubs her heels together. When she's examining something, her feet will flex and turn and her toes will either spread out or curl under. She hasn't yet lost her natural instincts to try and grip things with her toes and when I hold her by her torso to stand on my lap, her little toes ever so slightly dig into my things. I love kissing her little toes! When she's just hanging out and she catches me watching her, she'll grab one of her feet and bring it to her mouth (sometimes sucking on her own toes) as if she's suddenly so very shy and her feet will protect her. It seems like once babies become toddlers, all that expression is drained from the feet as they undergo the hammering we give them (especially toddlers!). Feet are never the same.

As odd as it may sound, I'm determined to enjoy Sydney's feet as much as I can before she starts walking!

1 comment:

Laney said...

She's so beautifully chubby and that smile just is fantastic!