It seems like I become obsessed with an idea I am sure is over-the-top cute for just about every holiday. Much to Brent's chagrin, it usually costs money. This year's Easter obsession was pastel dresses and white gloves. Brent rolled his eyes, confident the girls would ruin them somehow or just rip them off but I doggedly forged ahead, looking for the sale at Janie and Jack that would clinch my plan. As such, this Easter we bring you our daughters in pastel dresses and white gloves!
Come come now, aren't they cute? Well, I think they are anyway. We sort of managed a decent family photo. I'd been running around the lawn taking the above photo and everyone was tired and hungry from church so no one was interested in whether or not I put my heels back on. It will just have to do!
The day before Easter, the girls were invited to a most amazing Easter Egg Hunt. Ireland's Primary teacher, Sister Stuart, is pretty much the sweetest woman in the world. She invited her class, and any siblings from the kids in her class for this event. To begin, the little ones got to create an Easter scene with colorful paper and stickers. At each child's seat was their own bag and a stuffed bunny. What? Yes, she bought each child a stuffed bunny. Adorable.
Brigitta was particularly proud of her Easter scene:
The older kids had Easter bags that they got to color and then use for the hunt. I can't remember how many eggs each child was allowed, but there were far more eggs than the kids could collect. Sister Stuart was worried our little ones wouldn't be able to eat the hard candy so she had Peeps and eggs marked specially for them.
Here you can see Ireland scrambling with Sister Stuart nearby.
Then the kids all had hot dogs and chips for lunch. This was the happiest little crowd this side of the Mississippi!
I honestly can't remember what was happening in our own house that prevented us from getting decent pictures of the Easter baskets and the girls digging into them. This year I bought yellow feather boas from Hobby Lobby to line the baskets and they looked so very sweet. Well, at least we got a good shot of Sydney enjoying some chocolate bunny ears!
Even though I don't have the pictures to back it up, we all had a great Easter. I'm loving our new home more and more as we fill it with holiday memories year round.
No comments:
Post a Comment