Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Tidbits

I love how the girls clamor to be picked to say the prayer. Even Sydney is in on it.


One Sunday I was fully dressed and sitting on the edge of the bathtub while I brushed Gita's hair as she had just gotten out of the shower. She pointed at me and said, "Is that your cwoooootch?" Looking down (again, I was fully dressed) I said, "Yes it is! Where is your crotch?" She dropped her towel, looked down and said, "I need clothes!" 
My parents often dress in matching or coordinating outfits. When I told the girls to get into pajamas, they raced to find green shirts of their own. 
It's not often that I can take a picture of Sydney sleeping. If I even breath in the same room as the one where she is napping, her head snaps up with wide eyes. On this occasion, I had to wake her up to pick up Liesel and just loved her arm slung over the Boppy and her bum up in the air. 
She really is a good girl!

Sydney's binkie ended up on the floor of her room and she was fussing a bit. I asked her, "Where did your binkie go? Binkie??? Where are you?" She stopped fussing and laughed. Even she knew it was ridiculous to call out at an inanimate object. Now whenever she wants it she says, "Binkie??? Where are you?" instead of fussing.
Nap hair, don't care!
After my morning run, I like to stretch out in the dining room (which still has no furniture). It's cool, quiet and carpeted which is nice. Brigitta walked out the door to the kitchen, around the stairs and then peaked in through the doorway to the adjoining living room and said, "I found you!"
We are still having cool days now and again so I like to put Sydney in hoodies. She keeps the hood up pretty much all day. Also, I can't get enough of her tiny hands clasped in prayer.
Oh my little Gita girl!
Gita "flying. I love that my socks say No nonsense when clearly this is all nonsense. 
One Sunday dinner when my parents were in town, we were discussing how we don't like Sunday School classes where the teacher breaks everyone into groups to talk about a principle and then report back to the group. Brent and I both feel we are singled out as the person designated to "report" and just a week ago I was told, "You're young and cute, you do it." Thinking she was being helpful, Liesel piped up, "You're not young."
For some reason, Daddy buckling her in her seat left Sydney laughing!
Ireland has been watching our tulips intently waiting for them to bloom. They finally did and I kid you not, when she went to smell them it was as if they bent towards her to oblige.

Liesel brought this home from school and as the grass grew it became more and more hilarious.
Taming it with a trim.
 My mother tells me Ireland asked her how old she is and when she told her "68" Ireland quizzically asked, "But... how are you still alive?"
I had to pick up a few things at Trader Joes and Gita spotted their mini grocery carts. She became oh so serious as we loaded up on our groceries. See how her flip flops are on the wrong feet? She prefers them that way. 

1 comment:

Laney said...

My nephew Sam, when he was 6ish, informed us that his dad was older than dirt. Kids are so funny!