Thursday, September 30, 2021

September Tidbits

While Brent was out of town, I planned to take the girls to Young Eagles which meant I'd have to drag Sydney along as well. We have to leave early or the line gets really long and it wasn't until we were on our way that we found out it was canceled due to weather. We were already in the car and it was a rainy day so we decided to go to IHOP. With all of these options, all the girls chose to get the Jr cupcake pancake combo.

They were pretty happy about it and didn't mind missing Young Eagles too much.

Especially Sydney who isn't old enough to participate yet.

Gita decided to eat her pancake like a pizza. You'd think it would be messier but she made it work!

To help Liesel with her fidgeting and knuckle cracking, I brought my practice locks to church and she's learning to pick them.


Brent bought these mini cupcakes for Sunday dessert and while everyone else was engrossed in discussion she just quietly ate one after another. I think she was midway through her third one before anyone else noticed.

When there's a school fundraiser at Portillo's and Ireland yells, "HEY! They took our parking spot for our shame meal!" maybe you've been eating at Portillo's too much. 

My cornflower blue pedicure gave me all the vibes now that summer is over and I can breathe again!


Brent and I went to a lovely wedding reception and joked the mat stands for Brent Wuehler Hero. That's his Superman stance.

I had a dream I went to Finland. I arrived in a train depot and when I took the elevator to street level, I was told I was now in Denmark. Because it was a last-minute decision to go, I didn't have an international cell plan so I could see I was getting tons of text messages. Somehow I knew it was people who though I was missing (mostly my dad) but I couldn't read the messages or respond to them. I found a place to sleep for the night with some really nice people but then they all stripped and said in Denmark everyone sleeps naked. Brent had come to ensure I was safe and he immediately stripped and jumped into bed with a couple and it was clear I was supposed to strip and jump in bed with the other couple. Seeing him spooning other people naked is the last thing I remember before waking up. 

Gita's Christmas wish list cracks me up- especially #8 Anything dog related.

Tell me your husband joined TikTok without telling me your husband joined TikTok.

I'm trying to work with Ireland in making her speech to her sisters (particularly Sydney) more kind. I'd asked Sydney to put on pajamas and about 20 min later she came back, having done so. 
Ireland: What took you so long?
Me: Ireland, how can you make that question sound nicer?
Ireland: Does putting on pajamas really take you that long?
Me: Nope, try again.
Ireland: *jazz hands* Yaaay, you're in pajamas!

Sometimes Brent and I wear matching shirts.

 Another one inspired from a TikTok video. The original just ends on the dog but Gita's face is as joyful so I had to capture that too.

While out on a walk, a squirrel crossed my path, looked at me, and charged me. He ran off at the last second when I screamed bloody murder. All I could get out was, "No, NO, NOOOOO!" He was going to mess me up with his little claws- you could see it in his beady eyes. Brent thinks it's a friend of the squirrel that ran across the wet concrete. Like, there's a squirrel mafia out there.

Sydney adores The Friend magazine- she never wants to throw them away so I bought some blush colored magazine holders. She labeled them "I Love The Friend" and I thought it was so cute.

Gita was reading this during scripture study when I stopper her and said, "OK, what is Christ doing in these verses?" thinking it was obvious they are blessing and passing the sacrament. I had to laugh when Gita offered, "Getting them to mingle?"

This positivity board was at a Starbucks. Can you spot my contribution?

Another date night, another walk, a spectacular sunset. I wish I could go back to haggard, exhausted Danika with babies and toddlers feeling like life was over. I'd tell her she's doing great and not to worry, it gets better!

The girls were a bit nervous when we switched dentists but after one visit they are a-ok with this new place!

Brent and I saw Free Guy and it was the most funny, uplifting movie I've seen in ages. Just what we needed after so much negativity and bad news in the world.

Me: Gita can you splash some water on your face? You are covered in dirt.
Gita: *dead serious* You should expect that every day.

No comments: