A coworker of mine needed some help moving so I packed up the girls in the truck and we headed downtown to lend a hand. Brent was visiting his family which theoretically meant we didn't have as much muscle but man, the girls stepped up in a way that made me a proud mama. The apartment was on the top floor with a tight staircase of switchbacks. They took load after load after load. We had the truck completely full- Liesel tetrised in everything she possibly could- and they kept bringing things down and putting them where they could be easily loaded into the U-Haul. Once the U-Haul arrived, we had taken everything we could possibly carry and the girls started loading up. No fussing, no complaining, just load after load after load. OKAY, I did offer them some material compensation but still, I was so impressed with their work ethic- and so was everyone else! They kept their spirits high and made it a rather fun adventure.
It was the same story with unloading- they just kept going and going. I called Brent to tell him how proud he should be of them and they beamed as I bragged. Dusty and sore, we were definitely ready to hit our favorite beach to say goodbye to summer after that. Of course Gita is thrilled to be completely covered in sand!
Almost everyone together...

Hand on the hip poses!
Dance poses!
Give Sydney a bucket, sand and some water and she is happy to play by herself for hours...
And yes, I will buy them matchy matchy clothes until the day I die.
No comments:
Post a Comment