Saturday, October 22, 2022

Flannel Fest

 We aren't really big on festivals in this family. The cost, crowds, parking... just not our thing. But when I saw there was going to be a flannel fest which included a lumberjack show? I insisted. Immediately Brent angled to have me go either alone or with some of the kids but I told him we'd go really early to get good parking and avoid the worst of the crowds. I really wanted to see that lumberjack show!

We were able to get prime parking- once we jumped out of the car there was a line of cars behind us who followed suit. They had TP tossing for the kids, axe throwing for the adults and a pie eating contest. 


Let's talk about the fantastic food truck game. One sold pizza, one sold elote (Mexican street corn) in a cup and tacos, one sold Filipino food and we feasted on all of it. Sitting on bales of hay, balancing paper plates between us, I was pretty proud that the girls have (mostly) developed a well-rounded palate. It was so yummy!

The lumberjack show was everything I hoped it would be. They had to chop a log while standing on it, use a special chainsaw to cut a piece of log- first top to bottom, then bottom to top, and they did a log climb:


I was fascinated by the log rolling competition. There's actually quite a bit of strategy involved and they will bounce the log up and down, kick water at each other and the one who falls in this video is actually a national champion! He's been doing it since he was a kid.

Snapped a photo of the girls with him. The bear between Ireland and Sydney could be purchased.

The park was getting a bit crowded so we slipped out and gave our prime parking spot to a lucky family. Like I said, we don't normally go to festivals, but I'm glad we made it to this one!

No comments: