June was when I really hit my stride with my flower arrangements. Every one of these gave me so much joy!
Ireland has struggled with knee pain flaring up for years which has progressively gotten worse. After the dance recital we decided it was time to really have it looked into which meant x-rays, MRI and multiple doctor visits.
How to Get Rid of hiccups
A sweet not from my sweet Ireland. June was a rough month for many reasons and this gave me such a boost.
Liesel applied for a job at the Olive Garden. Actually, she applied for jobs at a lot of places but this was the only interview she was able to land. She didn't get it, but I was proud of her for looking her best and giving it her all.
We are ardent supporters of lemonade stands.
Gita and I went to MOD Pizza for lunch and while they worked on our order, we stocked up on their delicious pebble ice. We found every water bottle we could and methodically filled them to the brim and brought a couple cups of ice to boot. It really is the best kind of ice!
Clearly my girls are heavy sleepers.
Seeing the squabbling over my parents stuff was enough for me to pull out every piece of jewelry and quilt we have. We divided them into piles, all agreed they are equal and everyone is getting something they truly treasure. Oh, and I plan to give this all to them long before I die- I will not cling to it all in my old age when it does me no good.
A little lunch date to Shake Shack. Sydney was thrilled to get 13 for Taylor Swift!
Frustrated with hiccups that wouldn't go away, Ireland asked me for a remedy. I told her to do jumping jacks as fast as she could. I was making it up, of course, but it actually worked!
Brent with the girls on Father's Day. He wanted breakfast for lunch which basically means making eggs and then putting 50 different ingredients out on the table to choose from. Brent usually makes Sunday dinner and I had made a start when he came in the kitchen to offer some advice. He was soundly screamed at by all of us to "JUST GET OUT!" and muttered "Gee, I feel loved" as he walked away.
I got a UTI (again) and told my sisters about how if the Lord had offered me a smoke show like Mr Darcy or a husband who hoards plastic tongs from the office (ahem BRENT) and a life with antibiotics, I'd choose the life with antibiotics. No contest. I have no idea how people lived without them.
Beautiful morning sky
Sydney finally got braces!
And immediately hated them by the next day. Poor girl, she has an expander and her teeth need a lot of correcting. Braces are essentially moving bone and I sympathize with her pain so, so much!
It's always an accomplishment to make it to the temple but June was really a triumph!
Sydney is my little thrifting buddy. She's always game to stop at an estate sale and we happened by one on our way home from church. Among our finds is this painting that I really and truly love! We decided to hang it in the hallway outside her door and since her room is pink, it looks just lovely.
That was all the minor stuff in June. The major stuff was... well... pretty major.
No comments:
Post a Comment