Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Boston Museum of Science

Fortune was smiling on us yesterday when I took the girls to Boston's Museum of Science. It seemed like we barely missed the crowds everywhere we went. We could take our time at the exhibits Liesel particularly liked without any pushy kids around. We also got a great parking spot and enjoyed lunch right by the windows overlooking the Charles river. It's been a while since I've been to this museum and it was nice to see the updates. Here are a few highlights:

Toeing the line- one foot in Boston and the other in Cambridge:

A little over 800 million nanometers high and a little over the top in personality:

Watching balls in a funnel acting as orbiting planets which never collide:

Astronaut Liesel:

Can't remember the point of this exhibit... just thought Liesel looked cool in front of the mirrors

The point of this exhibit was for kids to see if they could outrun the lights. That concept was a little advanced for Liesel but when she saw other kids doing it she wanted in. She loved going up and down the track and running into the orange pads at the ends. I loved it because she ran herself so ragged she took a 3 hour nap!

2 comments:

Cheryl and William said...

My favorite photo is of Liesel toeing the Boston/Cambridge line- what a cutie!!

Laney said...

She's such a cute kid. I love the cheesy grin by the measurements & her little toddler run!