Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wove... Twoo Wove

I had big plans for Valentine's Day. I was going to leave a message in lipstick on the mirror for Brent. I found a card I knew he'd love. Last year I left him little notes everywhere from the girls. Just silly things like, "I love you for reading me bedtime stories." It took him a week to find them all. He collected them and I'm sure has stashed them somewhere to reread someday. I was surprised how much he liked the little notes, so I was determined to do them again. Really, I had a PLAN!
Brent sent me a lovely bouquet of different colored roses... reminiscent of how he proposed. On February 13th he brought home 3 cupcakes from Crumbs; including a red velvet one just for me. The other two were for the girls (aka his other sweethearts). The girls were over the moon.

Peanut butter cup, chocolate with sea salt caramel and red velvet cake. YUM!
The dawning of Valentine's Day brought me a horribly sore throat and aches all over. I rolled into Brent's musky warmth and told him I knew it was going to be a looong day because I wasn't feeling well. He wrapped his arms around me, mumbled an apology and after a little while, got up to shower. The girls were (miraculously) still asleep, so I dozed a bit. Shaved and clean, Brent stepped out of the misty bathroom and announced he was going to work from home. I was a little alarmed; after all he did that last week when I had an OB appointment. But he insisted that he wasn't going to leave his pregnant and sick wife home alone with the kids on Valentine's Day. Then my heart melted.

I don't remember much from there, but I THINK I went back to sleep. I never got around to any of my Valentine's Day plans. Brent took the girls through their morning routine of breakfast, baths and getting dressed. He cleaned the kitchen, made beds, took Liesel to gymnastics and quietly moved around the house so I could rest. He brought me food and herbal tea. After being in bed all day, I was a mess of matted hair, rumply clothes and oily skin.

Even so, I have never felt so loved.

No comments: