If you've hung in with me this long, man- you are a super fan of our family because I know this has been endless photos and minute details about this trip. For our last day at Disneyland, of course we were there for rope drop. I love this pic of Brent hustling down Main Street with the Christmas decorations and castle in the background.
Again, you can get some great photos if you are there for rope drop!
Now that the girls had experienced the majority of the park, today was all about hitting their favorite rides just one last time. We were all eager to try Smuggler's Run and we ended up going THREE times so everyone could try each of the different positions.
This video makes me laugh because we never truly got it down- and it's so chaotic.
We took advantage of the photographers there and got these pics:
This one is my favorite. The girls t-shirts say The Future of the Galaxy is Female.
We again enjoyed the blue milk and decided to hit Snow White's Enchanted Wish since the line wasn't terribly long just yet.
Charming little corners like this one are so cute!
The girls wanted to do Indiana Jones one more time. This is a view of the vines across the ceiling just before we got on our jeep.
Ireland pointed out how they even made sure to paint mud splatters on them.
This will always be one of my favorite classic rides! I'm so glad the girls wanted to go again.
Isn't it the truth?
Disneyland foodie blogs always mention the skewers at Bengal Barbeque and they didn't disappoint! We got two Bengal Rice plates with the Bengal Beef Skewers, Safari Skewer (bacon wrapped asparagus- YUM!) and Tiger Tail Breadsticks. We ended up making sandwiches with the breadsticks and it was good! Again, we could easily have ordered twice as much but we had more snacking to do so we held back. Bengal BBQ: YES!
Ireland also tried the giant pickle, which wasn't on any foodie blog or podcast!
While the girls and I used the restroom, Brent ran over to Maurice's Treats and picked up some cheddar garlic pretzel twists and called an audible on some churro rings. They were so good! The twist was warm yummy bread and the buttery garlic made it so super tasty. We tried it with the marinara dipping sauce which could get a bit messy but definitely added flavor.
So yummy!!! Can't believe no one gave that a mention either!
We snapped a pic at the castle and headed to the Matterhorn. Unfortunately, we hadn't scored tickets to Rise that morning and it was getting time to try again. Brent wanted to give us the best chance possible so even though he wanted to ride, he stayed behind. It was a wise decision because our bobsled went into the tunnel right at noon and I lost all connectivity.
This video of Gita makes me laugh. Taking a break from the Chocolate Challenge really made this vacation extra special.
On our way back to the hotel for swimming, we stopped by the Emporium where Ireland finally picked out her ears and I grabbed an adorable picture frame for the gallery wall I was planning once we were home again. Brent and I are fans of Modern Family and I really wanted to do the Great Moments with Abraham Lincoln. Another hidden gem, the cast member had a great sense of humor, "It's great to see you again from outside the door." and with the divisiveness of the pandemic it was balm to the soul to hear Lincoln's words on unity and the good he still saw in this country.
This model of the Capitol was really cool to see in person.
We paid homage at the bench where Disney first dreamed of Disneyland. Great things can come from watching children play!
That large picture of Walt in front of the castle also hung in our hotel rooms.
From there on out, pictures were a lot more fun.
Those polka dot legging looked really cute in photos!
Turns out they were able to fulfill our order just fine for one more Grey Stuff Gateau and the gingerbread cookie. Before we took the goodies out to share with everyone, Liesel wanted a taste by the stained glass window.
Again- YUM!
At this point the only thing on our minds was our boarding group for Rise of the Resistance.
Another ceiling shot- the detail is so phenomenal!
We also finally had a bit of time to take pictures here instead of being rushed onto the ride.
I really can't say if I love it more during the day or at night. I just loved Galaxy's Edge!
Ronto Roasters: Yes. Roasted pork, grilled pork sausage, peppercorn sauce, tangy slaw wrapped in a pita- this one is meant to fill you up, for sure. Brent really loved it and I was shocked there was no line.
A quick stop by the Founder's Statue on our way to Tomorrowland.
We headed back to Tomorrowland to give Autopia another try. Ireland fared much better this time. I'm glad we could turn that one around for her so she wouldn't always associate that ride with bad memories of a broken car. Our last ride as a family was Star Tours. Brent took the little girls back to the hotel while Liesel hung out with me and Ireland just a bit longer. The three of us hit Astro Blasters. Liesel pointed out the ceiling lights are planets- how cute!
Ireland was with Brent so I rode alone and the picture cracked me up! I look so relaxed and chill and the lady behind me looks so panicked.
Ireland wanted one last ride on the Teacups with Brent.
From one mountain to another we went to Big Thunder and then ran over to Smuggler's Run. In case you have lost count, this was our 7th time and the only time we actually picked up 2 of the pod thingies- every other try we only got one and I can attest you get one even if you crash multiple times. Ireland got so many compliments on her ears!
Have I mentioned how much I love Galaxy's Edge?
Well worth the wait, they were both delicious. The raspberry was fruity and decadent and the Matterhorn was not overly sweet with a fantastic coconut flavor.
As we enjoyed the treats, Brent noticed the wait time at Space Mountain wasn't long. I told him I was done. Now that I had checked everything off of my food list, I was ready to say goodbye to the park. My feet ached after days of dashing around and waiting in lines. Ireland lit up and said she was game and off to the races they went. It was really the perfect ending to the trip. Space Mountain was the very first ride we went on as a family not to mention Brent's favorite. For him to wrap it up on our 1:1 with Ireland to say goodbye was very apropos. They came back all aglow and we slowly headed down Main Street soaking it all in one last time.
We sat by the big Christmas tree for a while and loved on our girl.
Then we said goodbye and walked out the gates one last time.
No comments:
Post a Comment