Friday, June 06, 2025

Friends and Neighbors

 When we found out our old neighbors would be in Chicago for a volleyball tournament, we jumped at the chance to meet up. Gita and Ireland in particular were close with these girls and we love spending time in Chicago. In all honestly, I've avoided Navy Pier since the very first days we lived in Illinois because I found it to be insanely expensive- a tourist trap if ever there was one! But hey, we hadn't done it in a while so it was time to give it a second chance. 

Did you know the ferris wheel was invented in Chicago? Fitting that one is such a fixture right there on the water! Snapped some singles of the girls since we parked on the top level and the view was pretty cool.



At long last we met up and these girls were beyond thrilled to see each other again!

We did ride some rides including the swings and the ferris wheel which I found absolutely terrifying.

Beautiful views of Lake Michigan and the city though!

I didn't know much about volleyball but loved watching when I was at BYU (they have an incredible team). Watching the game I learned a lot and man it is a much more intricate sport than I ever gave it credit! Mad respect for the liberos. We truly had a good time cheering this one on.

We were able to have lunch and play some card games until we said goodbye. These neighbors were such good people and we definitely miss them but we will see them when we head out to Utah this summer!

So not really a goodbye so much as a see you later. And really, that ferris wheel with the city in the background looks so cool!

No comments: